- What is Advocacy?
- Why would I need an advocate?
- How will my advocate help me?
- How do I get an advocate?
Why would I need an advocate?
How will my advocate help me?
Then with your permission your advocate might ….
- Help you write a letter
- Speak to somebody on your behalf
- Attend a meeting with you
- Help you to make a complaint
- Support you to speak up about decisions in your life
- Find out information
- Help you to understand what is being said
How do I get an advocate?
You (or somebody else on your behalf can contact the EPIC office by phone, text, email or letter)
The Advocacy Manager or Advocate will then contact you to see how they can help you.
Top Advocacy Issues presented to EPIC
- Care placement 33% 33%
- Care or aftercare plan 17% 17%
- Family Contact 14% 14%
- Education 13% 13%
- Accommodation 12% 12%
- Other issues 11% 11%
[sm_flatinfobox id=”advocacy-report” title=”Advocacy Cases Report” type=”bubble” icon=”icon: paperclip” bgcolor=”#00B5EE”]This report presents detailed information on the characteristics of young people who engaged with EPIC’s Advocacy Service in 2012.[/sm_flatinfobox]