We are EPIC - Empowering People in Care
EPIC is a national child rights based organisation that works with and for children and young people who are currently living in care or who have experience of living in care. This includes those in residential care, foster care, relative care, hostel, high support and special care. EPIC also works with children and young people preparing to leave care and in aftercare, and with adults with care experience.
EPIC is the only independent national organisation providing direct 1:1 advocacy support to children and young people in care; to enable them to have their views and concerns heard, to empower them to speak for themselves, to resolve the issues and problems they raise, to help them get the services and resources they need and bring about positive change in their lives.
** For media queries phone 087 237 0269 If you need an advocate call the EPIC Dublin office
01-8727661, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a young person in care at the moment, are leaving care, have experience of living in care in Ireland, or work with young people in care, we really hope you’ll find something on this site that will be of help and of interest. Please feel free to contact us or phone 01 87 27 661
Purpose and function as an organisation
EPIC want to advance the interests and welfare of children and young people with care experience in Ireland by providing information, advice and support and to positively contribute to the development of care services, locally, nationally and internationally for the benefit of children and young people, their families and professionals.
Advocate for the rights of children and young people in care and aftercare and enable their voice to influence positive change in their own circumstances and the care system.
That all children and young people in care and after care have an empowering positive lived experience of care.
- To promote the right of children and young people to be heard, have a voice, be consulted and access information
- To encourage meaningful Participation and engagement of children and young people in their own care and the care system
- To facilitate meaningful participation of children and young people in EPIC
- To ensure accountability to our shareholders and donors
- To be solutions orientated
We do this by
- Working directly with people either in care or with care experience through our Advocacy service
- Listening to your care experiences. Have your say by getting involved on our Youth Boards
- Working with other organisations that work with people with care experience
- Lobbying for legislative change through our Policy manager
You can read more about our work in About Us
Need Help Now?
Talk to someone