EMPOWERING YOUNG PEOPLE IN CARE IN IRELAND
EPIC (formerly IAYPIC) is an independent association that works throughout the Republic of Ireland, with and for children and young people who are currently living in care or who have had an experience of living in care. This includes those in residential care, foster care, hostel, high support & special care. EPIC also works with young people preparing to leave care and in aftercare.
EPIC has been set up to:
- Give a voice to what young people with care experience are saying
- Explain the rights of young people in care
- Give information, advice and support to young people with care experience
- Help people who work with young people in care to involve them more when decisions are being made about them.
We do this by:
- working directly with young people who are in Care or have Care experience
- working with organisations that work with young people in care
You can read more about our work in About Us
If you are a young person in care at the moment, are leaving care or have experience of living in care in Ireland, or work with young people in care, we really hope you'll find something on this site that will be of help and of interest. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us directly, or drop into us in Smithfield in Dublin.
Support EPIC in the Flora Women's Mini-Marathon
If you would like to raise funds for EPIC by participating in Flora Women’s Mini Marathon on 3rd June, please email email@example.com for sponsorship forms (or download them here) or call Patricia on 01-872 7661
Spread the word! (pardon the pun)