Advocacy and General Administrator (Full Time)
Job Purpose: Administration and Database System support for EPIC’s Advocacy Team.
- To provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to the Advocacy Team.
- To support the functionality, administration and management of the organisation’s database systems and associated reporting requirements.
- To manage the weekly Referral process of advocacy cases; including pre-checking that information submitted is completed appropriately, preparation of reports for the weekly meeting, inputting of data to the database system and allocation of referrals to the relevant team members
- To co-ordinate information, referrals and disseminate to the regional advocacy teams and Advocacy Managers as required
- To be a strong member of the back-office team providing general office administrative support including phone management, maintenance of the office calendar, management of the building maintenance, liaising with visitors, service users, and suppliers.
- To provide administrative support to the information and reporting requirements of the Advocacy Team.
- To respond in an efficient friendly and appropriate manner to all communications within the office
i.e. incoming and outgoing correspondence, emails, telephone calls and in person
- To liaise with the Advocacy Managers and Regional Advocacy Teams to prepare documentation for meetings and reports. Co-ordinate meetings and produce minutes.
- To conduct periodic data cleansing, data mining and analysis exercises and disseminate the results to the Advocacy Managers
- To gather information, statistics and prepare reports as required, including administration of databases as appropriate to the role
- To ensure the confidentiality of all information in relation to the children and young people who use the service
- To work collaboratively with other administration workers, providing cover and support as required.
- Any other duties within the general requirements of the above specification as may be required.
- Participate actively in team, planning and staff meetings as required to function effectively within the organisation
- Participate in regular supervision with your line manager.
- Be vigilant to any health and safety risks, and data protection risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to designated officers and/or your line-manager.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in an administrative and/or data management role for more than 3 years.
- Knowledge of and experience with Salesforce
- Experience working with non-profit organisation working with a vulnerable cohort (ideally this person will have the skills to manage difficult calls/ situations with children, young people and people associated with them)
- Excellent IT literacy and administrative skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task under pressure.
- Professional and courteous manner
- Strong team player
- Ability to work on own initiative and contribute to relevant teams and committee work
- Commitment to the values and mission of EPIC.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
EPIC, Empowering People in Care believes in the value of a diverse workforce and encourages applications from people from all ethnic, cultural, religious, and social backgrounds: in particular, Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic and LGBTIQ+ people. We also welcome candidates with experience of the care system. We are trying to build a more diverse and representative workplace and environment.
This role will be flexible in line with EPIC’s current hybrid working model – requiring some office-based work and some remote work – within the working hours of the organisation.
It is envisaged that the post-holder will be flexible in using their own initiative to develop the role in line with the objectives and mission of EPIC. The job description attached does not define all responsibilities within the role but offers a detailed overview of the role.
The post holder will also undertake training on Children First (Tusla e-learning programme) and abide at all times by this and by EPIC’s policies on child protection and welfare.
- This is a full-time post (35 hours per week), for a fixed term of 6 months.
- There is a three-month probation period.
- Annual leave entitlement of 25 days per annum pro rata
- The office is closed for one day at Easter and three days at Christmas. These holiday days are additional to the annual leave entitlement.
- Participation in the company pension scheme is matched by a 5% Employer contribution, commencing on completion of the probationary period. All roles within EPIC are subject to Garda Vetting.
Reporting to: Chief Operations Officer
Responsible to: Chief Operations Officer, with a dotted line to the Advocacy Managers
Closing Date for applications (CV and Cover Letter): 12 noon 2nd June 2023
Salary: €30,000 to €35,000 per annum (commensurate with experience)