MediaNews & Press
In the Media
Video: Aftercare - RTÉ's Morning Edition
Audio Interview - Near FM
Jennifer Gargan talks to NEAR FM about the role of EPIC.
Audio Interview - Northern Sound
September 2014. Jennifer Gargan on Northern Sound
“DON’T MISS IT! AFTER CARE-THE STORY OF IRELAND’S CARE LEAVERS”
Programme Details: ‘After Care: The Story of Ireland’s Care Leavers’, 9th February RTE1 @ 9.35pm.
EPIC looks forward to a documentary which focuses on the experiences of young people leaving State Care in Ireland due to be broadcast tonight on RTE One.
The programme will create greater public awareness and understanding of the challenges that young people leaving State Care face. Aftercare continues to be one of the main presenting issues for young people engaging with EPIC’s advocacy service.
Speaking in advance, Director of EPIC, Jennifer Gargan made the following comment:
“We are delighted that RTE will tonight televise a documentary that highlights the experiences of young people leaving the care system.
EPIC – Empowering People In Care, has expressed serious concern at the findings by the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) of major non-compliance with national standards in foster care services operated by the Child and Family Agency, Tusla, in the Dublin...
EPIC welcomes the latest report by Carol Coulter and her team in the Child Care Law Reporting Project (CCLRP). While Ms. Coulter’s reports shed a positive light on the progress that continues to be made in our care system they also highlight the challenges that...
Terry Dignan, CEO of EPIC said “On February 16th next, EPIC, with our 5 Nations 1 Voice partners, will celebrate the third ‘Care Day’ since we launched the inaugural Care Day in 2016. Care Day is an opportunity to unite in celebrating the rights of care experienced...
- Director of EPIC, Jennifer Gargan comments on HIQA’s Oberstown report.
- EPIC supports Children First Bill
- Jennifer Gargan talks Aftercare with the Irish Examiner
- Mark from EPIC shares his experiences of leaving the care system
- EPIC Youth Board campaign features on The Journal
- EPIC comments on Social Worker resignation figures
- EPIC comments on HIQA disability report
- Mark from EPIC talks about his care experience
- Jennifer Gargan says more staff is needed at Oberstown
- Jennifer Gargan comments on Amnesty International Publication
- Jennifer Gargan talks about the Aftercare Bill
- Jennifer Gargan talks about care system data proposal
- Jennifer Gargan on the Child and Family Relationships Bill
- Jennifer Gargan talks about the leaving care guide